- Looking someone attractive in the eye without turning red
- Having a solid enough sense of self-worth I can properly interpret signals of interest
- Having the confidence to actually call when told to
- Not getting really nervous (i.e. freaking out) that I fucked up when a text isn't answered promptly
- Actually fucking saying that I'm romantically interested in someone
and, yes, I have been dealing with all of these things for the past couple of weeks. We're just friends (I think?), but we see each other pretty often and I really, really like her. I get various levels of crushes, and this went from "omg you're pretty & awesome" to "omg I feel weird when a couple of days pass without us talking" really quickly. So, hey, emotional risks, growing up, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, I can't tell the difference between unlocking social achievements and just generally being an awkward motherfucker.